Our pre-school is situated in a modernised Victorian building at the beginning of Queen’s Road, just off Wells Road. We are a ‘pack away’ pre-school and our building use is shared with the Quakers and the wider community. It is located close to the moor and town centre and within a mile and a half of the four local state schools.
Indoors are 3 rooms:
Our main room, is large, light and spacious, and mostly used for free-flow activities. Core areas set out each day are:
- The Home Corner;
- The Quiet Corner;
- Exploration, Construction and Investigation Stations;
- The Dressing-Up Rail;
- Desktop PC suite to develop the children’s I.T. skills.
The ‘Quiet Room’ is small and cosy where we have:
- ‘Show & Tell’,
- Story-time, and
- Smaller activities.
The third room is a space for Messy Play with at least three daily activities of:
- Play dough,
Also in this room we have cooking and baking activities regularly throughout the year.
There is a large, secure, grassed area with a circular paved track, bird table, paved sitting and play area, benches, maintained flower beds and vegetable garden. Stone steps with a safety gate and hand rail lead from the garden to an enclosed tarmac area at ground level with a water tray and a permanent wooden play house.
- Low level sink and cloakroom area for the children
- 3 toilets – girls, boys, and a large disabled.
- Secure, gated kitchen area inc. fridge, cooker, microwave and kettle.
- Wheelchair and pushchair access.